Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dembre's first month AT!

Dembre has made it his first month in AT! That's good, because many dogs are released in the first month, but he's only half way through prime release time! We still have to wait another five months to see if he graduates or not! I really have just prayed that no matter where he goes or how he does that it's God's will! I obviously want him to pass with flying colors, but I can only hope. No matter what I do I can't MAKE him become a service dog! And if Dembre passes, I won't feel betrayed if Hobart doesn't. It's a big mix. It's about the dogs personality, the puppy raiser and how he/she addresses the puppy's problems and their strong points to shape a good pup! Sometimes the dog won't pass no matter what you do. And sometimes they will no matter what you do!



~Elijah & Hobart II

8 comments:

  1. That's great news about Dembre!! Deb and I appreciate every day that goes by without a phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be really hard to get the call! I can't imagine the feeling of all of your hopes and dreams being crushed in one sentance :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your attitude, Elijah!! No matter the answer with Dembre, you have a positive, and realistic attitude. I am sure it will help - and praying for GOOD news for Dembre - and when it's time - for Hobart and Haddie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Madison and Spark.
    Also, thanks, Elle. I've really struggled with this! Because of course I want Dembre to pass, but if he doesn't I need to learn that not everyone can pass. And though it might not be what I would choose, it's not the end of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Elijah! A big milestone! He'll make you proud no matter what. You have a great attitude. Having one of each... they all do exactly what is right for them! Best wishes to Dembre's continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! So glad he's doing well in training, we're sending thoughts his way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I was so excited when I got Mindy's first AT report and everyone after that until I got the e-mail that she going into team training!! Meeden on the other never made it to an AT report she was only in AT for one week exactly! We're all rooting for Dembre to do his best!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers!
Thanks for stopping by,
Elijah and Hobart