Dembre turned 6 months yesterday! Wow, It's hard to believe he's already a half a year old. Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I've been really busy with school. Here are the six things:
1) Dembre can now officially go anywhere. For this last month I've tried to make his outings short and non-stressful. Now he can go to bigger, busier places.
2) Dembre will get neutered in a couple of weeks.
3) Dembre is coming along with his "up's", "jump's", and "under's".
4) I will continue to teach Dembre a variety of new skill's
5) I think it is time for Dembre to graduate his large blue Airline Crate for our giant breed wire crate.
6) I can't believe how fast he's growing up. Last fall I started thinking about the possibility
of raising a service dog puppy. I researched and thought and researched and thought. And then in April I asked my parents. They agreed and we put in an application at CCI. Before then I had considered raising a dog for Pilot Dogs Inc. or another organization, but my mind always went back to CCI. The Puppy Program Manager looked over our application and we set up a date for a phone interview. We had our interview on May 21st and at the end of that interview the Puppy Program Manager told us she'd love to have us as puppy raisers. We were shocked that she had just said "Yes" and then I heard the best part. "We have a puppy named Dembre, who is supposed to come in on the 28th are you up to getting a puppy that soon?" Our answer "YES" . And that's how it all began.