Dembre is turning 13 months tomorrow. Can you believe it? He's grown up so fast and I still don't know where the time has gone. Soon we are going on vacation and after we get back I'll only have about 3 months left with him. It hurts to think that in August Dembre leaves and then there will be about 6 months of waiting to find out if he's going to become a service dog. If he passes every test and learns every command then comes graduation :D In the midst of turn-in and training there will be another puppy in my home and another chance at handing over an amazing dog to an amazing man, woman, or child with a disability.
|you've got to admit that he's a handsome boy :D|
- Dembre is so grown up. We went shopping this morning and he trotted along like a perfect dog. He got a little nervous once, but I am so proud to see him progressing
- I only have 2 more commands that need to be fully installed in his mind. He isn't very good at stand so I need to really work on that. And I just introduced "Out", which tells Dembre to go out of a door. It feels weird. He knows way more than he doesn't know
- No matter how I try to not admit it. I only have 3 more months with my wonderful puppy. During the next 3 months we have a lot of work to do. Places to visit; sights to see, commands to work on, all this to make a well rounded dog.
- Dembre has learned to communicate very well. He listens well. He reads me like a book.
- We have been enjoying a lot of time outside in the nice Spring weather. It has been really fun taking him out on long line
- Dembre loves playing with Pepin (pet dog). They get along great. He also likes the baby goats.
- I think that with his personality Dembre has a good chance of passing, but a lot of puppy raisers think that their puppies will make it and they don't. I know that there's a large chance that he won't pass, but I hope he does
- Even though he is over a year old Dembre still likes to be goofy when he's not in public or sleeping or in a training session. I hope that doesn't get him released.
- I think that Dembre will be ready to turn-in in August. He needs me right now, but by the time August comes around he'll be ready for AT.
- In public Dembre is still impressive. My PR friends and I have noticed that he gets a little nervous and stressed in public sometimes, but he still responds to commands quickly and doesn't try to avoid things directly.
- When we first got Dembre my mom thought that he was calm. That is partially true. He is not usually a goof ball, but he can be.
- Dembre loves his life. He doesn't let much of anything get him down. I love that about him.
- Now that Dembre is 13 months I expect a lot of him, but he still is given room for fun and games. He spends a lot of his life in a "down" and doesn't always no what to do with himself when he's not in a command. He's come a long way from when he was a little puppy, but I still have work cut out for me :D