Monday, August 8, 2011

5 days left

Times is ticking! This Saturday Dembre will return to CCI for advanced training. I'm really excited, but it feels really weird. I've been looking through pictures of when I got Dembre over 14 months ago. They grow up so fast, but turn-in feels more like it's going to be the next step. It's not like I'm done raising. So the future is bright even though it will be a little painful. I've been saving up some tears for turn-in. I know that I'll also be swelling with pride at watching my little boy continue on in the bigger scheme of things. It's amazing to think that a year and a half ago I was dreaming of raising a service dog to change someones life. And now I am less than a week away from completing my first assignment.
puppy blurs (May 28th 2010)


I have a lot of plans for these last couple of days with Dembre. Long walks, letting Dembre play outside as much as possible, lots of grooming, washing capes and gentle leaders, just enjoying being with my loveable puppy. I really am going to miss him!

Now for a puppy update. I have found out the colors of the puppies.

Hendrix- black
Hamlet- yellow
Hugo- black
Hudson- black
Hobart - yellow.

I don't know which one I'm getting though :(


More puppy updates and turn-in sentiment posts to come :P

~Elijah & Dembre

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pic! Looking forward to hearing more about your last days together, and the new pup.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers!
Thanks for stopping by,
Elijah and Hobart