Monday, December 12, 2011

Encouragement

I just got back from a nice weekend at Cherry Valley Lodge. Hobart is staying with my friends Bob and Connie, who are currently raising their 21st puppy, Dare, for CCI! I'll say that I was THRILLED that they offered to watch Hobart, because they have a lot of experience and a huge passing rate, while I have very little experience and a perfect passing rate of zero.

When we went to drop him off on Friday night we got to watch Hobart and Dare play. Surprisingly there was NO growling or barking and neither of the dogs showed extreme dominance. It was great to see Hobart playing really well with another pup :)

After a month without class, it was great to see other PRs again and remind myself of the fact that Hobart is not doing as badly as I've said. I've been encouraged with the fact that pups are different and that he's doing fine! I'm always happy to remember that there's a reason that I puppy raise and that I don't have to be perfect!

Here are some pics of Hobart out playing on his longline.

Huh?

Puppy dog eyes

Really?
~Elijah & Hobart II

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers!
Thanks for stopping by,
Elijah and Hobart