Monday, August 26, 2013

A New Season

A new development has occurred!

I have a friend who's 8 year old daughter has sever autism. They decided to get a dog for her to be somewhat of an assistance/therapy dog. I volunteered to help work with the dog on basic skills or a few months.

The puppy is 8 weeks old and his name is Asa, which in Hebrew means "Healer". He's a Goldendoodle pup. I plan on taking him for 2 to 3 months to help build a basic grounding in commands, crate training, house breaking, and walking well on a leash.

This isn't something I planned on doing and isn't something I would normally jump at the opportunity to do, because I don't have the structure of CCI trainers and suggestions behind me,  but I feel like God has opened the doors so that I have the ability to work with a pup and I'm excited to play the part in raising a dog who will hopefully help change a life!

More updates in the next week when I get the puppy.

~Elijah

1 comment:

  1. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers!
Thanks for stopping by,
Elijah and Hobart